Retain. Protect. Coordinate.
Acumen thrives on helping business owners attract, reward, and retain their key employees, preserve ownership equity, and coordinate business succession with their estate plans. Successful business owners use life insurance to protect their families and surviving business owners, provide supplemental retirement income not tied to the business, and retain key employees without offering equity. Remember to protect the ones you love and have a plan in place while growing your businesses.
Attract and Retain Your Key Employees Without Giving Up Equity
Retaining key people through meaningful incentives can be challenging, especially if you are not willing or able to part with equity. With our non-qualified deferred compensation programs, you can:
- Provide future non-equity compensation to the most important people on your team.
- Base achievement of the benefits upon completion of agreed-upon performance milestones.
- Increase the value of your business by increasing retention of your most valuable employees.
Protect Your Business With a Buy-Sell Agreement and Life Insurance
As a business owner, if you or a co-owner retires, passes away, or becomes disabled, the financial impact to your company, the remaining owners, and the employees could be significant.
- No matter what type of business you own or industry you are in, we can help you gain peace of mind by designing, implementing, and funding a custom program that will protect your company against this financial risk, and help preserve the business for the next generation or other future owners.
- We can also show you how to ensure that tax free cash is immediately available to buy out the departing owner's interests if and when one of these events occurs.
Coordinate Your Business Succession and
Having your estate plan in order is not only critical to ensuring your wishes are met after you are gone but also to preserving peace and harmony among your heirs.
- If your business interests account for a sizable portion of your wealth, then it is even more important for you to coordinate your business succession plan with your estate plan.
- Without this coordination, the competing interests of the business, its remaining owners and the employees, your family members, and the IRS, will likely lead to a result you did not anticipate or desire.
“Acumen works with me and my team of advisors to design and place the life insurance policy” — Bill Potter, Owner, Potter Electric, National City, CA
"I own a specialty electric business that caters to naval and maritime clientele. My unexpended demise would devastate the value of my company and prevent my family from reaping the benefits of my decades of hard work and sacrifice. At the suggestion of both my lawyer and my business consultant, David Jacobs of Acumen Insurance Advisors worked with me and my team of advisors to design and place the life insurance policy that has become a critical part of my overall business succession and estate plan. We still meet regularly to gauge my policy's performance and make necessary changes. Acumen Insurance Advisors is the firm to work with for life insurance."
"I am enjoying the peace of mind that comes with knowing that my family is protected." — Dick Baright, Owner, Foam & Wash Car Washes, Tivoli, NY
"Our family is fortunate to own and operate a network of car wash and auto care facilities throughout the northeast. Protecting our wealth for our children and grandchildren, of whom there are many, is paramount. We now have two generations of our family taking advantage of the expertise that David Jacobs and his team at Acumen Insurance Advisors provide. Even though the firm is headquartered on the west coast, we have found them easy to communicate and do business with. I am enjoying the peace of mind that comes with knowing that my family is protected. Thank you, Acumen."
"They worked directly with me, my attorney and my accountant to customize and implement an intuitive wealth transfer and insurance plan that fit perfectly with my goals and objectives." — Mark Chapparone, Owner, Chapparone Auto Body, San Diego, CA
"Being in a service-oriented industry for over 40 years, I demand integrity, honesty, and a high level of expertise from my professional advisors. The team at Acumen Insurance Advisors, especially David, Scott and their staff, exceeded these expectations. As the owner of a family business and in a second marriage, my situation is not straightforward. They worked directly with me, my attorney and my accountant to customize and implement an intuitive wealth transfer and life insurance plan that fit perfectly with my goals and objectives. I recommend Acumen to anyone who wants to work with top-notch professionals in their field who always have their clients' best interests at heart."